Turkey Meatball Stroganoff
Slow cook turkey meatballs with mushrooms to make this hearty stroganoff that’s served over egg noodles–a flavorful French dinner.
- lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 packages (8 oz each) fresh whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can (14 oz) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 container (12 oz) light French onion dip
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
1 Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add meatballs; cook over medium-high heat until brown. Place meatballs in slow cooker; top with mushrooms. Add broth.
2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
3 Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Remove meatballs and mushrooms from slow cooker, using slotted spoon; cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix flour and water; gradually stir into slow cooker until blended. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in dip; heat until hot. Stir in meatballs and mushrooms. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley.