Company's Coming Easy Entertaining Pg 49 ??Hot party appetizers are the first to need refilling. These freeze well. Reheat in 325°F (160°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes if thawed or 30 to 40 minutes if still frozen.??
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Hard margarine (or butter), softened
- 4 oz. (125 g) Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Cooked tiny shrimp (or 1 can 4 oz., 113 g, rinsed and drained)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Dill weed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Salt
- 1/16 tsp (.5 ml) Pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) Grated Swiss cheese
Pastry: Mix margarine, cream cheese and flour in bowl until smooth. Divide into 24 equal balls. Press into un-greased mini-muffin or tart pans about 11/z inch (3.8 cm) wide at top. Press on bottom and up sides.
Filling: Divide shrimp among pastry-lined cups.
Put remaining 8 ingredients into blender. Process until smooth. Pour over shrimp.
Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes until set.