Eye of round roast with horseradish sauce
A red wine marinates this tasty roast and makes it very tender.
- 1 c dry red wine
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1-4 lb eye-of-round-roast
- 1 T salt
- 1 teas pepper
- Horseradish Cream:
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 T prepared horseradish
- 2 teas Dijon mustard
- For horseradish sauce: Combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Combine wine and butter in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, add roast. Seal and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally. Remove roast from marinade; discarding marinade. Place roast in a 13 x 9 inch pan lined with heavy duty aluminum foil. Combine salt and pepper, and rub over surface of roast. Bake uncovered at 500 for 20 to 30 minutes. Turn oven off. Do not open door for 2 hours. Meat thermometer should register 145-medium rare, or 160 medium. Thinly slice meat, reserving pan juice. Serve meat with pan juices and horseradish sauce.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Tea Bread 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- THREE CHEESE FRENCH ONION SOUP 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells (Spinach & Ricotta... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Golden Quinoa Salad with Radish,... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Horseradish Sauce (over... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef Sliders with... 0/5 (0 Votes)