Banana Chocolate Fudge Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Adapted from beckybakes.net
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter, crisco, sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy. Add mashed banana and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Press batter into a lightly greased 8×8 baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out semi-clean. Cool for a few minutes, if you can, and then dive in. These won’t cut quite as cleanly, of course, if cut when warm. Believe me. It’s worth it.
~These bars would be great with additions such as coconut, macadamia nuts, pecans, etc.
You'll also love
- Ground Beef Gyros 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic &... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Warm Lemon Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Banana Split Fluff Salad 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups 4.5/5 (17 Votes)