Double Chocolate Vegan Chocolate Muffins
Double chocolate vegan chocolate muffins. These bakery-style muffins have a gorgeous domed top and are ultra moist and decadent.
- 1 3/4 cups (220-g) All Purpose Flour*
- 1/2 cup (42-g) cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup (200-g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 cup (240-ml) vegan buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80-ml) coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup (60-g) Applesauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar*
- 1 cup (175-g) vegan chocolate chips and chunks (Mixed)*, plus more to place on top.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, salt and instant coffee powder.
Prepare the vegan buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a measuring jug and then adding soy milk up to the 1 cup (240-ml) line. Allow it to curdle. Add to the mixing bowl.
Add in the vanilla, melted coconut oil, applesauce and vinegar and stir into a thick batter.
Add in the chocolate chips and chunks and fold in.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin partitions and then add a few more chocolate chips and chunks to the tops of the muffins.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean (melted chocolate is fine but wet batter is not).
Transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool and then enjoy!
*Weigh your flour for the most accurate results.
*You can use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar.
*You can use either chocolate chips or chunks but I liked using a mix because as you can see from the photos, you have the different colors and textures of the two different types of chocolate. For chunks just chop up a bar of your favorite chocolate. If you are going to do half/half like I did, then use 88g chocolate chips and 88g chocolate chunks.
You'll also love
- Devil's Food Chocolate Muffins 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry and White Chocolate... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Moroccan Stew - Detoxifying Slow... 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Instant Pot Gumbo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups 4/5 (1 Votes)
- High Fiber Cookies with Psyllium 3.6/5 (141 Votes)
- Salvadoran Vanilla Custard for... 3.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (14 Votes)