Chili Steak with Tomato and Jalapeno Salad
- 1 1/2 pound(s) skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pound(s) plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded for less heat, if desired, thinly sliced
- 1 clove(s) (small) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- Small flour tortillas, for serving
Heat broiler. Line a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season steak with chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on the baking sheet and broil to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, scallions, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in cilantro. Serve with the steak and tortillas, if desired.