Kale Fruit Salad
- 1 8 oz bunch kale
- 1 T finely chopped red onion
- 1 t finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t agave nectar or honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 11 oz can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 c strawberries, slided
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
Remove stems from kale. Rinse leaves in bowl of cold water and dry. Chop into 1/2 in pieces and set aside in bowl.
Combine red onion, lemon peel, lemon juice, 1 T water, mustard, agave, salt, and pepper. Using wire whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive oil while mixing.
Top kale with 4 T of the dressing. Massage kale until it begins to wilt. (to tenderize the leaves.
Add oranges, strawberries, and walnuts to kale mixture. Toss to coat.
Store leftover dressing in refrigerator for up to a week.