Cherry Tomato Polenta Tartlets With Basil Mayonnaise
- BASIL MAYONNAISE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves - (lightly packed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 24 small cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup polenta - (3 oz) see * Note
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese - (packed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* Note: Coarse cornmeal, sold at Italian markets, natural foods stores, and some supermarkets. If unavailable, substitute an equal amount of regular yellow cornmeal, and cook mixture for about half the time.
For Basil Mayonnaise: Combine mayonnaise, basil, and lemon juice in processor. Blend until smooth (some basil bits will remain). Season mayonnaise with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl, cover, and refrigerate. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
For Tartlets: Rinse 2 mini muffin pans (12 cups per pan) with cold water; shake off excess water. Mix tomatoes, garlic, and oil in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand 15 minutes. Arrange 4 tomato quarters in bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
Bring 2 1/2 cups water and salt to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to medium and cook until polenta thickens, whisking almost constantly, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until polenta is tender, whisking often, about 15 minutes longer. Whisk in cheese and butter. Season polenta to taste with pepper.
Spoon enough polenta into muffin cups to cover tomatoes and fill cups. Using wet fingertips, press polenta firmly to compact. Cover pans with waxed paper; let stand until polenta is firmly set, at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Cut around each tartlet to loosen. Turn over muffin pans, releasing tartlets. Arrange, tomato-side up, on platter. Top each with dollop of basil mayonnaise. Serve, passing remaining mayonnaise.
This recipe yields 24 tartlets.
You'll also love
- Cheese Ravioli With Herbs In Meat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brochettes Of Melon, Prosciutto,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beet And Cucumber Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Eggplant Marinara 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Prune Crisp With Hazelnut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crostini With Sun-Dried-Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cherry Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)