Quick Broccoli and Pasta Soup
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) small pasta shape suitable for soup
- 1 lb (450 g) broccoli, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
Combine the stock and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is tender but still firm ("al dente") and the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with Parmesan cheese. Serves 4 to 6.