Baked Portuguese Cod with Sweetcorn Mash
Really easy and nice fish recipe.
- For the sweetcorn mash:
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 thick fillets or steaks of cod, skin removed
- 600 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 small tins sweetcorn, drained (or equivalent frozen corn)
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2) To make the mash, boil potatoes and mash with the milk. Stir in the sweetcorn and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
3) Cook the tomatoes, onion and garlic in cooking spray until soft but not brown. Add the lemon juice.
4) Spoon a little of the mixture into an ovenproof dish and lay the cod on top. Season them with salt and pepper and spoon on the remaining sauce. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish is cooked.
5) Serve the fish sprinkled with parsley on a bed of sweetcorn mash, accompanied by green beans or other green vegetable.
You'll also love
- Shrimp in Tequila: Camarones al... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 6 Week Raisin Bran Crunch Muffins 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Mixed berry sauce angel food cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cream Of Crab Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Crusted Steak 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Garden House Dressing Recipe 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Rainbow Trout With Dijon... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Seared Halibut with Lemon Butter... 5/5 (1 Votes)