Banana Split Bread
- 2/3 C. shortening
- 1-1/4 C. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/2 C. flour
- 2-1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1-1/2 C. mashed ripe bananas (3-4)
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained well
- 1 C. dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Approximately 30 maraschino cherries, well drained and cut in half
- 1 C. chopped walnuts or pecans
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 350 degees.
In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Add this dry mix to the creamed mix small batches at a time, alternately with the bananas and pineapple. Fold in chocolate chips, cherries, and nuts.
Grease 2 loaf pans and pour mix into each. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Cool a minimum of 15 minutes before cutting.