Black Rice Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup black rice (preferably Lotus Foods Forbidden Rice)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice or 3 tablespoons regular lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (nectar) or honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces green beans, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 35-40 minutes. Drain well, spread out on a plate or a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool.
Meanwhile, spread out walnuts on another rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant, 8-10 minutes. Let cool; chop.
Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, and agave in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, gradually drizzle in oil. Season vinaigrette with salt.
Toss rice, walnuts, scallions, edamame, tomatoes, green beans, and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper