Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C water
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 T butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (9in) pie crust, baked
- 4 egg whites
- 6 T sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
Filling: In medium saucepan, whisk together 1 C sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until it comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Pour into baked crust.
Meringue: In large bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue oer pie, sealing the edges of the crust.
Bake for 10 minutes until meringue is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)