Mom's Pepper Steak
Just like mom makes it. Deliciously seasoned Pepper Steak with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. A complete meal served with freshly cooked rice. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into half-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from allthecooks.com
Season steak with paprika and rest at room temperature while preparing remaining ingredients.
Sautee crushed garlic and steak over medium heat until steak is just browned. Careful not to burn the garlic.
Add sliced onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook until vegetables are wilted.
Add diced tomatoes and beef broth.
Cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Combine water, cornstarch, and soy sauce.
Stir into steak and cook until thickened.
Serve over freshly cooked rice.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Japanese Hot Cake 4.1/5 (75 Votes)
- Grandma's Soft Italian Wedding... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Pulled Pork 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Kiss-the-Cook Baby... 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup (Slow Cooker) 4.6/5 (32 Votes)