Grilled Peaches with Brandy Sauce Recipe
These fresh peaches get delicate flavor by grilling them on a maple plank. The brandy sauce makes it extra special.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Maple grilling plank
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
•Soak grilling plank in water for 1 hour.
• In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in brandy; set aside.
• Place plank on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat for 3 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the woods begins to crackle. (This indicates the plank is ready.)
• Place peaches on plank. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-23 minutes or until peaches are tender, brushing occasionally with brandy sauce. Top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with remaining brandy sauce. Yield: 6 servings.