- 2 * 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 1 * 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 * 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 * 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 * 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 * 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 * 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 * 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 * 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Roast or saute eggplant cubes until cooked. Mash the eggplant in the food processor.
2. Combine cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, onion, garlic and salt with the mashed eggplant. Mix well.
3. Shape the eggplant mixture into patties. Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop eggplant patties one at a time into skillet. Fry each side of the patties until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Patties can be frozen before frying and cooked later. Croquettes can also be baked or cooked on the panini press.