Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole
This is real Southern comfort food! Easy peasy casserole made with ground beef, onion, rice, tomato sauce, corn, cheese, and seasonings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2-cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce (I use Hunt's)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I dissolved 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules in 1/2 cup boiling water)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked whole kernel corn
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese (2-cups), divided
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Lightly spray an 8x8-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Partially brown ground beef seasoned with half the garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When meat starts to brown, stir in the onions and continue to cook until onions are tender, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and drain off any excess fat.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Set the skillet back on the warm burner (no need to turn it on) and stir in the tomato sauce until incorporated, then stir in the broth. Stir in the rice, corn, additional seasonings to taste, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining cup of cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Easy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Salisbury Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Flan de Queso 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Potato Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Granny's Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (34 Votes)