This impressive no-cook, layered Sand Pudding dessert will be a hit at your next BBQ, pool party, or potluck! Bonus: it's super easy to make.
- 1 package vanilla wafers
- 3 chocolate Oreo cookies
- 2 (4 serving size) boxes French Vanilla (or Vanilla) instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup sugar (or 2/3 cup confectioners sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 plastic sand pail with a shovel for serving
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes and milk until it thickens, 1to 2 minutes. Refrigerate.
In another bowl and using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add to the pudding mixture and blend on low speed of mixer just until incorporated. Using a spatula, gently fold in the Cool Whip. Refrigerate.
Grind vanilla wafers and Oreos together in a food processor using the steel blade to a fine crumb that resembles sand.
Layer the "sand" and pudding in the bucket several times, starting and ending with "sand". Now dig in with the shovel! Keep refrigerated.