Speedy Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed, and drained well
- 1 nine-inch refrigerated ready piecrust (1/2 box)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack - (abt 2 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan - (abt 2 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dillweed
Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and stir until spinach is dry, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dust 1 side of crust with flour. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter quiche dish or pie pan, floured-side down. Press into pan, sealing any cracks. Trim edges. Sprinkle both cheeses over bottom of crust. Top with spinach mixture. Beat eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and dillweed in large bowl to blend. Pour over spinach.
Bake until filling is set, about 50 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.