Creamy Farfalle with Salmon and Peas
Chunks of broiled salmon tossed in a creamy sauce with bowtie pasta and bright green peas will be a favorite at your table. Finish with fresh dill and lemon.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups 1 percent milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces Neufchaåtel
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
Adapted from epicurious.com
Preheat broiler to low.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Broil until cooked through, 5 minutes per side. Let cool.
Cut salmon into bite-size pieces and set aside.
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Add peas 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain.
Whisk 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small saucepan until smooth.
Whisk in remaining 1 1/4 cups milk, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Cook over medium heat, whisking, until as thick as heavy cream, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat; add Neufchaåtel and 1 tablespoon dill. Whisk until cheese melts.
Toss pasta and peas with sauce and salmon.
Drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with zest and remaining 1 tablespoon dill.
You'll also love
- Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Sourdough-Herb Stuffed Chicken 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Migas for Breakfast 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi 3.9/5 (93 Votes)
- Shrimp & Spinach Alfredo 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Cheeto-Crusted Fish 4.6/5 (17 Votes)