Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 1 medium red onion (roughly diced)
- 2 medium cucumbers (peeled, sliced 1/2 in thick & halved)
- 1/2 green pepper (thinly sliced & cut in 1 in strips)
- 2 large tomatoes (seeds removed & diced)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (more to taste as desired)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Peel & slice cucumbers in 1/2 in thick slices. Then half ea slice & transfer all slices to a lrg mixing bowl (See note). Roughly dice red onion & add to the bowl. Quarter tomatoes, remove seeds, rough dice the tomato “meat” & add to the bowl. Thinly slice 1/2 green pepper, cut slices in 1 in strips & add to the bowl. Toss prepared “veggies” to achieve a good distributional mix. Add last 6 ingredients to bowl, mix well & refrigerate at least 2 hrs (stirring at least once to redistribute ingredients).
Notes: The cucumber cut is esp important. If thinly sliced, most cucumbers wilt & do not retain their crunch. — When all ingredients have been combined, the mixture will appear dry & lack a creamy texture or appearance. DO NOT PANIC – that will begin to change almost immediately.