Shortcut Shrimp Paella
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat rice according to package directions.
Heat oil and turmeric in a medium skillet over medium; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice, bell pepper, and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper); cook 3 minutes. Arrange shrimp over rice mixture; cover and cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are done and rice is slightly crisp. Top with cilantro, if desired.