Potato Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 12 oz. celery root, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 9 oz. russet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. sliced fresh chives
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook, covered, stirring often, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add celery root and potato; cook, covered, stirring often, until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a simmer. Cover, and cook until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Carefully transfer soup to a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Process until smooth. Return soup to pan over medium-low heat. Stir in milk and mustard.