Pasta E Fagioli Soup
This can be cooked on the stove or
in a crock pot - adjust quantities for size pot cook.
This soup gets better the second and third day.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 46 oz of beef stock (1 14 oz can plus 1 32 oz box)
- 4 oz of pasta (use small shells, elbows etc) may want to use less
- 2 can (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 can white kidney beans - drained optional
- 1 can red kidney beans - drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes - not drained (second can optional)
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasons
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce - optional
- Parmesan & Romano cheese - optional
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 120mins
Brown beef in a skillet, break into small pieces , drain fat off.
Cook pasta in a separate pot according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Cut and dice onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, add above vegetables and saute for about 8 minutes until tender.
Next drain fat from beef and add it to the pot. Add beef stock, can tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and spices to the pot. Stir well add the spices and stir well again.
Increase heat and bring pot to a simmer and cook 1 hours uncovered. (This is to combine flavors.)
About 30 minutes before finish cooking, add the pasta to the soup pot. Mix well and heat to a simmer again.