Black Beans and Rice
- 1/4 c EVOO
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 T ground cumin
- 2 c long grain white rice
- 4 cans (14 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cans (14 oz) died tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 c water
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Add'l southwest spices (optional)
Heat LG pot over med high heat & add oil. Stir in onions, peppers, garlic, bay leaves & cumin. Stir & cook for 8 min.
Stir in rice, black beans, tomatoes, water, vinegar, salt & pepper. Bring to boil, cover & reduce heat to low. Cook for about 40 min until rice is tender. Serve hot.