Thai - Prawns in Red Curry
To put it bluntly, this recipe just works! It looks and tastes wonderful not to mention it only takes minutes to prepare. So go for it and treat yourself!
Adapted from 'I Love Thai Food' by Victor Sodsook
- 24 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups coconut milk
- Steamed vegetables of your choice such as broccoli ,asparagus and or julienned carrots
- Kaffir lime leaf, for garnish
- Thai Basil, for garnish
- Serrano peppers, for garnish
- Steamed white rice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat coconut milk to boil. Add curry paste and mix well. Add sugar and fish sauce, mix in. Simmer 5 minutes then remove from heat.
Steam veggies until tender.
In separate pan, sauté shrimp in oil until pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
In a bowl place 5 to 6 shrimp, then veggies and the curry sauce. Top with garnish. Serve with rice on the side to add in as desired