Warm Tortellini & Roasted Vegetable Salad
Hands down one of my new favorite recipes! Delicious and simple to prepare warm tortellini & roasted vegetable salad. Yum!
Photograph by Ryan Dausch
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thick strips
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, halved, cored and thinly sliced, plus 1/4 cup chopped fronds
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (9-ounce) package tortellini
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby kale
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Toss the bell peppers, fennel, red onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs; drain. Put the kale in a large bowl and top with the warm tortellini and roasted vegetables.
Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until it just starts browning, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar; pour over the tortellini mixture and toss to coat. Add the basil and fennel fronds, season with salt and pepper and toss.
You'll also love
- Lentil Cakes With Mushroom Cream... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Quinoa and Broccoli... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Red Lentil Tomato Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Raspberry Cloud 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Clams in White Bean Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Eggnog 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipe 4.4/5 (10 Votes)