Slow-Cooker Short Rib Stroganoff
By carol gorman
Succulent slow cooked short ribs is what you'll find in this scrumptious stroganoff in a velvety sour cream sauce. For added color and texture, serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite Kraft Dressing.
- 5 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, divided
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, trimmed of excess fat (1.8kg)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, cut in half (225g)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 25%-less-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups egg noodles, uncooked
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from kraftcanada.com
Combine 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) flour and 1 teaspoon paprika. Add to ribs in large bowl; toss to evenly coat ribs with flour mixture.
Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add ribs; cook 5 minutes or until evenly browned on both sides, turning occasionally.
Place ribs in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper and remaining paprika. Top with vegetables and garlic. Mix broth and Worcestershire sauce until blended; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on HIGH 6 hours (or on LOW 8 to 10 hours).
Remove ribs from slow cooker, reserving sauce in slow cooker; skim and discard fat from surface of sauce. Remove and discard rib bones. Return meat to slow cooker. Add sour cream and remaining flour; whisk until blended. Cook, covered, on LOW 10 to 15 min. or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed on package, omitting salt.
Drain noodles; place in large serving bowl. Add meat mixture; stir.
For added color and texture, serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite Kraft Dressing.
You'll also love
- Sweet & Spicy Chili Recipe 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Manchego & Marcona Almond Cheese... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles (One... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Portuguese Sopas or Sopash 3.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)