Spicy Muffin Tin Tacos
These scrumptious Tacos with flour tortillas, ground beef, cheddar cheese, guacamole and sour cream take a new shape using jumbo muffin tins. The whole family loves this recipe!
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the muffin tins and tortillas
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces ground beef chuck
- 1 cup black bean and corn salsa
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Gently fold the tortillas in half, then in quarters. Place 1 in each cup of the tin and unfold to make a cup. Spray the tortillas all over with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake until golden, 8 to10 minutes. Let cool.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, coriander, Worcestershire, oregano, paprika and garlic powder; cook, stirring, until the onion is coated, about 1 minute.
Add the beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the salsa and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices are slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill each taco cup with a thin layer of lettuce and then the beef mixture. Top with Cheddar, guacamole and sour cream as desired.
Special equipment: 6-cup jumbo muffin tin
You'll also love
- Spicy Beef & Pork Burgers with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Pan Dowdy 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cast-Iron Skillet Calzone 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Holiday White Fruitcake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Bread Machine Wheat Rolls with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Quinoa... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Scrambles Egg Muffins 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos 4.5/5 (13 Votes)