German Potato Salad
This delicious red potato salad has a great mustardy kick. This is definitely something that your family and friends will ask for seconds of!
- 12 to 14 red potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Slice potatoes into a large bowl. Add eggs and then set aside.
In a small skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp.
Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Add bacon and onion to potato mixture.
Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Bistek (Filipino Beef Steak) 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Avocado Spread 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Mini Strawberry Strudel 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Potato Soup 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Potato Salad with Herbs & Grilled... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Cherry Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Hot German Potato Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)