German Potato Salad
This delicious red potato salad has a great mustardy kick. This is definitely something that your family and friends will ask for seconds of!
- 12 to 14 red potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Slice potatoes into a large bowl. Add eggs and then set aside.
In a small skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp.
Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Add bacon and onion to potato mixture.
Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Strawberry-Filled Angel Food Cake 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta & Crab w/ Alfredo... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Onion, Garlic, Cheese Bread 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Cucumber Boats 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Snacks, Healthy: Baked Sweet... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Bread 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Winter Fruit Salad 4.6/5 (13 Votes)