Maple-Barbecued Pork Burgers
- 8 ounces pork sausage (preferably hot breakfast sausage)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 onion rolls split
- 1/2 cup purchased coleslaw
Gently mix sausage and green bell pepper in medium bowl. Form into two 1/2-inch-thick patties. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk barbecue sauce, maple syrup, and vinegar in medium bowl to blend well. Reserve 1/3 cup sauce to baste patties. Grill rolls until lightly toasted. Transfer to 2 plates.
Grill patties 5 minutes. Turn patties over. Brush with sauce. Grill until cooked through, brushing occasionally with sauce, about 5 minutes longer.
Place burgers on bottom halves of rolls. Top each burger with 1/4 cup coleslaw and top half of roll. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.