Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- 12 slices egg bread (or any type of bread will work), cubed
- 12 slices crispy bacon, crumbled (or 1 cup diced ham)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 cups grated cheese, cheddar works well
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each dry mustard, salt & black pepper
Adapted from spendwithpennies.com
Cube bread and leave out overnight or place in the oven at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes to dry slightly. (Do not brown or toast it).
Combine eggs, milk, & seasonings.
Layer ½ of the cubes in a greased 9x13 pan. Top with ½ of the bacon, green onions, red peppers and cheese. Repeat layers one more time.
Pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
Remove from fridge and let sit on the counter while preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered with foil 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (If you are baking 2 pans increase cooking time to 60-80 minutes).