- 6-8 cups of air popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon Earth Balance butter spread (or other vegan butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Butterscotch extract (if you don’t have this just use all vanilla)
- Salt if using air popped just sprinkle a little on right after it pops and is still hot.
Pop your popcorn using your air popper (you can use a bag of popcorn but it has a lot of fat). If don’t have an air popper place a medium to large pot over medium-high heat and add kernels so they just cover the bottom but don’t overlap each other. Cover with a lid and shake a little every few seconds so they stir around inside and don’t burn. You should have wonderful, fiber rich and healthy popcorn in just a few minutes. Remove any seeds that did not pop or you might crack a tooth!
Mix together the butter and brown sugar in a pan and cook at medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and bubbling but make sure to stir often or it will burn. Remove from heat, add vanilla and butterscotch extracts and stir. Poor over popped popcorn in a BIG bowl, and mix until well combined and glazed. Let cool (if you can wait)