Stir-Fried Pork With Five Vegetables
- 6 ounces pork tenderloin thinly sliced
- crosswise, then cut into 1/2"-wide strips
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger plus
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup thinly-sliced carrots
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow crookneck squash sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
Mix pork, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon orange peel, and 1 teaspoon ginger in medium bowl; let stand 1 hour.
Mix orange juice, next 4 ingredients, and 2 teaspoons soy sauce in small bowl.
Bring 3/4 cup water to boil in large nonstick skillet. Add beans and carrots; cover and cook 3 minutes. Add broccoli, bell pepper, and squash; cover and cook 2 minutes. Drain vegetables; set aside.
Heat same skillet over high heat. Add oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon orange peel, and 1 tablespoon ginger; stir 10 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry 1 minute. Add cooked vegetables; stir-fry until pork is cooked, about 2 minutes.
Remix orange-juice mixture; add to skillet and stir-fry until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 187; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 25 mg.