This Mongolian Beef recipe will be sure to shake up your family’s dinner routine. Savory flank steak combines with cooked broccoli and rice for a protein bowl your family will love.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Thai Kitchen® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked (about 1 small head)
- 2 , 8.8-ounce pouches Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. To prepare the flank steak, slice the meat on an angle in thin strips against the grain (the grain runs along the long side of the steak).
2. In a large zip-close bag, combine the steak slices and cornstarch and shake until evenly coated; set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, and chili sauce until evenly combined. Heat the sauce pan over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes; set aside.
4. In a large skillet heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, and green onions. Cook stirring constantly for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Shake off the excess cornstarch from the reserved steak, and add it all to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, browning all sides. Add the set-aside sauce and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
5. Microwave rice according to package directions. Serve with brown rice, and garnish with additional green onions if desired.
You'll also love
- Southern Hoecakes (aka Fried... 4/5 (154 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- LINGUIÇA DE LOMBO FLAMBADA NA... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 4.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Delicious Ground Beef (or Turkey)... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef in Pressure Cooker 4.6/5 (10 Votes)