Hot Apple Fritters
Crispy warm apple fitters, enjoy these while there still warm!
- 2 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 medium sized apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- canola oil for frying (you will need about a quart)
- cinnamon sugar for topping
- confectioners sugar for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from breakfast.about.com
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
In a measuring cup, whisk together the milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Slowly mix the wet mixture with the dry mixture until the mixture is completely moistened. Gently stir in the diced apples.
Heat the canola oil to 375 F. Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoons, drop the batter into the hot oil. Use a slotted spoon to turn them after about a minute. Cook until golden brown. Make sure to regulate the heat to keep it at 375 F, this way the fritters will cook all of the way through!
Use the slotted spoon to remove the fritters from the hot oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. As soon as they are slightly cooled, quickly roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Sprinkle the warm fritters with powdered sugar. Make sure to enjoy them warm!