- APPLE FRITTER
- 1 cup (128g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced into bite-size pieces (about 2-3 apples)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup (61g) whole milk
- Vegetable or canola oil, (for frying)
- 1 ¼ cups (150g) confectioners sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3-6 teaspoons teaspoons water
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice and apples. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the sugar and eggs on medium speed until fully combined. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in two additions. Mix until just combined.
Pour in the milk and continue to stir until incorporated.
Fold in the apples.
Fill a frying pan halfway with oil. Heat over medium heat until the oil reaches 375°F with a candy thermometer.
Drop ¼ cup of batter into the oil and let fry until golden brown. Flip and fry until the opposite side is golden brown. To test for doneness, insert a small knife into the center. If there's still uncooked batter in the center, fry for a bit longer. Transfer to a paper towel-lined cooling rack and let cool. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Make the glaze by combining the sugar, vanilla, and 3 teaspoons of water. Add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until a pourable consistency is reached.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled fritters and let dry.