Garlic Bread Meatball Sub
- MEATBALL INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs (Italian seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1- 28 ounce jar marinara
- 1- 28ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- SUB INGREDIENTS
- 12 – 4 inch french bread rolls, sliced open
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Adapted from centercutcook.com
In your slow cooker, combine marinara, crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, red pepper flake, and garlic powder.
In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together ground chuck, egg, bread crumbs, fresh parsley, garlic, and yellow onion. Combine well.
Divide the meat mixture into 30-36 meatballs. I used a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture for each meatball.
Place the meatballs in the sauce mixture and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
In the microwave, melt two sticks of butter (about 1 minute will do) in a bowl. To the melted butter, add 2 teaspoons garlic powder and dried parsley.
Brush melted butter liberally over all 10-12 rolls. Bake the rolls in the oven for about 6-7 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn the broiler on.
Place about three meatballs on each sub, and spoon some of the sauce over the meatballs. Top with mozzarella cheese, and parsley, if you’d like, for garnish. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Cool for a minute or two and serve immediately.Keep an eye on the subs so that the bread doesn’t burn!