Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
- 2 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Truvia)
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp. egg whites (about 1 egg's worth) or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed from frozen and drained)
Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add both types of flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
Add all remaining ingredients except blueberries. Stir until uniform.
Gently fold in blueberries.
Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, or until set.
Immediately run a knife along the edges to help separate the cake from the mug.
Gently shake mug to release muffin, and plate, right side up.
Let cool completely, about 25 minutes. (This step is a must for best texture.)
MAKES 1 SERVING