Creamed Spinach and Tortellini and with Old Bay Shrimp
- Creamed Spinach Tortellini
- 1 lb. of stuffed tortellini, cooked & drained
- 3 T of butter
- 2 T of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of half & half
- 1/2 t of salt
- 1/2 t of roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 t of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 t of nutmeg
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. of room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of smoked gouda cheese
- 16 oz, of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Old Bay shrimp
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, cleaned
- 1 T Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 t of salt
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, whisk in the flour and cook for about 90 seconds until the flour taste has cooked out.
Then, add in the half and half and stir well to combine. It’s a good idea to make sure the heat is on high at this point and as soon as it starts to thicken, lower the heat back to medium.
Add in all of the other ingredients except the tortellini and stir occasionally to combine well and to prevent from sticking.
Once the sauce is thick, toss in the pasta and serve.
Toss the shrimp together with the olive oil, salt, and Old Bay.
Get a skillet hot and then sauté the shrimp on both sides until they’re cooked through. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Fish cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Catfish, Spicy Ponzu-Glazed 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Farmer's Market Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Garlic Parmesan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugarless Rhubarb Pie 3.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Stir Fried Sesame Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- macaroni salad (Cooked Dressing) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Maria 0/5 (0 Votes)