No-Fuss Chicken Marsala
- 2 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour or corn starch for gluten-free
- olive or vegetable oil
- 8 ounces container of mushroom, sliced and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Optional: 2 tablespoons heavy cream or just milk
- Garnish with chopped parsley or oregano
Place some flour or corn starch on a plate and and dredge each piece of chicken in it.
Heat the oil over medium-high heat and when the oil is hot cook each piece of chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown . Remove chicken and place them on a serving plate & cover with foil. discard the remaining oil.
Reduce the heat to medium and add butter and mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for 4-5 minutes . Add Marsala wine,milk, and chicken stock allowing the liquid to reduce slightly - approx. 3 minutes. Pour mushrooms and sauce over chicken and serve. Enjoy!