- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen, thawed), lightly mashed
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from alarmclockwars.com
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in mashed blackberries.
5. Pour batter into lightly greased9"x5" loaf pan.
6. Place flour, brown sugar, and butter for the topping in a small food processor.
7. Pulse until all ingredients are combined, and mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
8. Evenly sprinkle topping over unbaked bread.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until the top is brown and a toothpick inserted in the center tests clean. Check bread after 40 minutes, and loosely cover with aluminum foil if the top is getting too brown.
You'll also love
- Red Cabbage, Carrot & Mint Salad 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp & Crab Cannelloni with... 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- John’s Tomato Sauce with Veal... 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Martini 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Orange Dream Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Blueberry... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Cranberry Bread with Cointreau... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Skillet Blackberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (29 Votes)