Old Fashioned Goulash
Old fashioned goulash, almost as good as when your grandma made it. This hearty recipe is the perfect meal for the entire family to enjoy.
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from myincrediblerecipes.com
In a large pan, saute your ground meat in skillet over medium-high heat until HALF cooked, remove from heat.
Add garlic, onions, olive oil & until meat is fully cooked.
Add water and broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt, pepper and adobo seasoning. Mix well.
Lower heat and cover - allow to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the uncooked elbow macaroni to the skillet, stir well until everything is combined.
Cover once again and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add only the cheddar cheese and mix until combined.
Add mozzarella right before serving.
You'll also love
- Australian Sausage Rolls 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Cream Cheese-Filled Banana... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Cheese w/Jalapeno &Bacon 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Beef Pot Roast - Slow-Cooker 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Juicy Lucy Turkey Burgers 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Turkey Pot Pies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker BBQ Meatballs Recipe 4.4/5 (19 Votes)