Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed French Bread
Mega flavorful Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed French Bread is your favorite creamy, cheesy, decadent dip baked right into the loaf with three cheeses all topped with crispy bacon!
- 1 large loaf French bread or 2 smaller loafs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce (1/2 for quite spicy)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 blue cheese crumbles (up to 1/2 if you LOVE blue cheese)
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, separated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, separated
- 3 packed cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) shredded chicken*
- Garnish (optional)
- 6 to 8 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- blue cheese (only if you love it)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Slice about 2 inches deep through the top of the bread, and continue to cut a large rectangle, being careful not to cut through the bottom of the bread. Remove top of bread and hollow out middle to create a rectangular bread bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and hot sauce and all spices/seasonings until well combined.
Stir in blue cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar and 3/4 cup mozzarella followed by chicken.
Spoon Buffalo Chicken Dip into prepared French bread and top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake on a baking tray at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
Let bread sit approximately 10 minutes to set and slightly cool then slice. Best served warm.
*TO EASILY COOK AND SHRED CHICKEN: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot and rippling. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Flip the chicken over, then add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or water to the skillet. Cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked though and tender enough to shred, adding additional chicken broth/water if the liquid evaporates too quickly. Remove chicken from skillet and let rest 5 minutes before shredding.
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare Buffalo Chicken Dip in advance and store in the refrigerator separate from bread. When ready to bake, heat dip in microwave until warm then spoon into French bread and bake as directed.
You'll also love
- Lemon & Almond Brittle 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Rounds 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Sin Dip Dogs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic & Onion Dip 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Philly Cheesesteak French Bread... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- French Bread Piazza 4/5 (3 Votes)