Sun-Dried Tomato Skillet
20 MINUTES TO PREPARE, SERVES 4-6
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- 3/4 cup water-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil, as needed
- Fresh basil, garnish
Whisk together cornstarch, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, then add chicken breasts and toss until thoroughly coated.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
If needed, add remaining oil to skillet, then add onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning, then add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to pan. Cook for 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
Pour in coconut (or heavy cream, if using) and chicken broth and stir everything together. Return chicken to pan, then bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove from heat and sprinkle in fresh basil. Serve hot and enjoy!