Sonoran Hotdogs with Bacon, Pico de Gallo & Avocado
These aren't your average dogs: hot dogs wrapped in bacon (!), topped with pinto beans, avocado slices, chips, mayo, chips, and cilantro.
- PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced, about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 large hotdog buns or torpedo rolls, preferably not split
- 1/4 cup canned pinto beans
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices
- Mayonnaise for serving
- 1/2 cup potato chips, loosely crushed
- Sprigs of cilantro for serving
Adapted from epicurious.com
PICO DE GALLO:
Combine tomato, red onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Prepare grill for high heat. Wrap each hot dog in 1 bacon slice and grill, turning often, until bacon is cooked through and crisp on all sides, 12–14 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice open buns, leaving ends intact. Gently toast in a 350°F oven or on grill until buns are warmed through and lightly crispy.
Warm pinto beans in a small saucepan on the stove or grill.
Nestle hot dogs into buns. Spoon 1 tablespoon beans on one side of each dog, then arrange avocado slices and 1 tablespoon jalapeños on the other side. Drizzle mayonnaise over hot dogs and top evenly with chips and cilantro.
You'll also love
- Penne with Ricotta, Prosciutto,... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp with Zucchini and Tomatoes 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sichuan Beef 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chile Verde (Green Chili With... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Citrus Fennel and Avocado Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork à la Marmalade with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)