Melted Ice Cream Cake
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) cake mix
- 2 cups melted ice cream, any flavor(s)
- 2 large eggs*
Adapted from everydaycheapskate.com
Preheat oven to 350 F and move the rack to the middle. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt or angel food cake pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Place the cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs (optional) in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute to mix. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes longer, scraping the sides as necessary until the batter is thick and well-blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the rubber spatula.
Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 38 to 42 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a small plate or rack, then again onto a second rack so that the cake is right side up to complete cooling, 30 minutes more. Finish with a light dusting of powdered sugar or your favorite icing.
Notes: 1. You can melt the ice cream in the microwave on â€œDefrost.â€ Check and stir it every few minutes until it becomes liquid.
2. A pint of ice cream may not produce two cups once melted because some manufacturers pump air in during the manufacturing process.
*3. In a pinch, you can leave out the eggs. I did once by accident, and my German chocolate cake mix with Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream was awesome.
4. You can use any variety of cake mix with any combination of ice creams you might have on hand. Boring flavors will produce a bland cake. Get creative with flavors. Iâ€™ve used cake mixes with pudding, double pudding, no pudding, extra moist, ultra moist, all with good results. Iâ€™ve mixed together several flavors and brands of ice cream to come up with 2 cups and to use up those last bits covered with ice crystals hiding in the back of the freezer.
You'll also love
- Cherry Pie Cookies 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sour Cream Chicken 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Quick Chicken Divan 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pear Tart 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- King Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Frozen Champagne Cream in... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Poke Cake 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
Review this recipe