Beef: Sloppy Janes, Hungry Girl
- One 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped bagged broccoli cole slaw
- 1 1/2 lbs. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Serving suggestion: light hamburger buns
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a large bowl, combine tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Stir until uniform. Add veggies, and stir to coat.
Place beef in the bottom of a crock pot. Sprinkle with garlic and seasonings, and mix well. Top with saucy veggie mixture, and thoroughly stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until beef is fully cooked and veggies have softened. Stir well, breaking up any large pieces of meat.