Pumpkin Crunch/Dump Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 can solid-packed pumpkin (29 oz.)
- 1 can evaporated milk (13 oz.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box yellow pudding cake mix
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
Adapted from youtube.com
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon together. Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pan. The mixture will be on the runny side. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle the nuts over the pumpkin mixture, and pack them in. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
Allow the pumpkin bars to cool for five to ten minutes on a rack. Invert the whole slab onto a tray or cutting board. Peel off the parchment paper.
Allow the slab to cool thoroughly. Spread the frosting over the slab, and refrigerate for a few hours before cutting.
For the frosting, you will need:
1 (8 oz. package) of cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 cup Cool Whip
Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Fold in the Cool Whip.Spread evenly over the slab. Refrigerate for a few hours.
Cut into bars, and serve immediately, or place them in muffin tins for easy transport to a potluck.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Shortcake Roll 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot and Zucchini Bars 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Southern Cabbage for the Pressure... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Lasagna Zucchini Boats 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Crunch 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe