BANANA-CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and add gradually to the creamed mixture.
5. Mix the topping ingredients together; add half to the batter.
6. Pour batter into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan, and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
7. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool, then cut into slices.